Sunday 20 March 2011

This week has certainly been one I won't forget. Firstly it was promotion exam week. The multiple choice question paper for promotion that all police officers detest. I am now convinced that they try to minimise your chances of promotion by putting in questions that are so difficult to answer you don't have a hope of passing. Let's face it, if I were to be promoted and came across something I didn't know I would look it up! Still, it's done now - four weeks to wait for results but being honest I am not holding out much hope.
Still there's always next year.

Wednesday turned out to be the day from hell at work. Why is it whenever you find someone doing something they shouldn't be you are met with the words "me no speaky english very well". I mean, come on, do they honestly think I'm that stupid? I can say that it was a good job Lauren went to her friends for tea after school as I was exactly three hours late home from work and good old "Her majesty's service" won't pay me overtime.

Friday was Red Nose Day and Mad Hair day at school. Trying to find something red to wear was a feat in a half. Had taken Lauren's red and white top to the caravan last week and forgot to bring it back so had to raid the wardrobe to find something else. No red hair dye so blue hair it was!

Note to self - remember to wash hair prior to going swimming to remove dye otherwise you end up with blue clothing!

Lovely weekend spent at Caravan. Lauren has certainly enjoyed meeting her new entertainment crew - I think "Richard" is the new favourite. "He's Funny" is how Lauren describes him. Great time spent discovering nature, orienteering and creating stuff. Back to work and school tomorrow - looking forward to next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment